While drawing, I need inspiration. I get that from a random picture on Facebook or even the gateway to IIT class (something I attend despite all my protests). Though there are many things I've tried to draw and failed, the drawings which pass are shown to the public. I have nothing against engineering, But, it just isn't what I've dreamt of doing. Every girl has that dream of finding the perfect guy and settling down. Somehow, I don't see myself in that dream as a software engineer or something like that. I'd would to love to settle in some foreign place (Tuscany maybe?) and adopt a Chinese kid! Unconventional, yes. But, why follow conventions if you can be happy otherwise?
I have always been a creative person. Creating things has always given me pleasure. Drawings, powerpoints, robots, relationships and even sandcastles! Now everywhere I look people are in such a hurry to get on with life, no once appreciates these creations anymore. Once, there was a time my dad used to look at my drawings and marvel at them. Lately, he's been marvelling how I have the time to do anything other than study. Does 12th really mean that I give up on everything else?
When I was much younger during an interview for admission at a school I justified colouring a turtle pink, silver and green by saying they were my favourite colours. The principal acknowledged my creativity and I was immediately granted admission. I don't expect deans and higher officials of colleges to hand us crayons and ask us to draw. But, how is it fair to hand out the tickets to our dreams on the basis of money, social power and caste?
~BlueArtist
I have always been a creative person. Creating things has always given me pleasure. Drawings, powerpoints, robots, relationships and even sandcastles! Now everywhere I look people are in such a hurry to get on with life, no once appreciates these creations anymore. Once, there was a time my dad used to look at my drawings and marvel at them. Lately, he's been marvelling how I have the time to do anything other than study. Does 12th really mean that I give up on everything else?
When I was much younger during an interview for admission at a school I justified colouring a turtle pink, silver and green by saying they were my favourite colours. The principal acknowledged my creativity and I was immediately granted admission. I don't expect deans and higher officials of colleges to hand us crayons and ask us to draw. But, how is it fair to hand out the tickets to our dreams on the basis of money, social power and caste?
~BlueArtist
No comments:
Post a Comment