Thursday, 25 April 2013

What are you going to do next?

One would think the life of a 16 year-old girl should be easy, right? Well, that's where you're wrong! School, college, boys, friends, parents and hormones. It is not that easy my friend! I fought with my mom today. About what you may wonder. "What are you going to do next?" is a sentence which I hear a minimum of ten times everyday. Why do I always have to know what I'm going to do next? My parents ask me that to know what I'll study next. Its not like I'm going to run out of the house and take a train to nowhere, right? Well, physics, chemistry or mathematics. Not an easy decision to make. I'm in 12th standard. A "critical year" many strangers inform me. Before asking the obvious question. I don't understand what business they have asking what I'm going to do next. Now, coming to what I am going to do next. I was thinking  architecture, travel show host, model or maybe even a fashion designer! Though many may seem far fetched I believe I have the talent to do them! Sadly, the people who need to believe I can do it too don't. My mom and dad. Engineering seems like where I am headed folks. Why waste my talent? Only because some people can't imagine their daughter having the potential to achieve something great! Something extraordinary! Then again maybe, that's just what our society has led them to believe.
~BlueArtist

No comments:

Post a Comment